[NOTE: This post originally appeared on a now-deleted blog and is being re-posted here for my own sake.]
- I’ll jump on the bandwagon and say that I do not like LeBron James. Miami was a smart move, the ESPN event was not.
- No more architecture interning! Over two weeks I only ever spoke to five people and never saw the boss. And they barely looked at the precedents I spent DAYS researching. Not worth the trouble.
- Went to the theater and watched “Toy Story 3.” Saw it in 3D, but also in Chinese. Er … entertaining, but dialogue would’ve been nice.
- Even nice restaurants use Ikea glasses. And play Sarah Brightman. I’m also slightly disappointed in myself that I recognized the Sarah Brightman.
- My Chinese class starts on Monday.
- Tudou.com is AMAZING. It’s basically the Chinese version of YouTube, but it also has full television programs and films.
- Tortillas are not to be found in this city. I don’t know if I can survive.
Building with the spire is the Shanghai Exhibition Centre, formerly known as the Sino-Soviet Friendship Building.