Whew! Finally back in Shanghai after about a week and half of traveling. Went to Zhuhai, Macau, Hong Kong, then Shenzhen. Overall it was a really fun experience and though it’s nice to be back in Shanghai, I wish I could have stayed in Hong Kong longer. School is going to be starting up soon and I have a list of stuff I need to get done/figure out. I also have a million pictures that I need to go through and share. But let’s start with one of my favorite places. Not located on any tourist map, we wandered upon this deserted little playground in Macau. The colors and shapes were beautiful, and the graffiti and emptiness made it so intriguing to me.
Photographs of national pavilions from the Shanghai Expo, taken June 12, 2010.
- China – “Chinese Wisdom in Urban Development”
- Republic of Korea – “Friendly City, Colorful Life”
- Macao – “Spirit of Cultures, Essence of Harmony”
- Japan – “Wa: Harmony of Hearts, Harmony of Arts”
- Russia – “New Russia: City and Citizen”
- United Arab Emirates – “The Power of Dreams”
- India – “Cities of Harmony”
- United Kingdom – “Building on the Past, Shaping Our Future”
- Israel – “Innovation for Life: Dialog with Nature History, and Future Needs”
[NOTE: This post originally appeared on a now-deleted blog and is reposted here for my own sake.]